These are served at the Trustee's House at Pleasant Hill where "They make you kindly welcome." NOTE: The molasses (made at Pleasant Hill by Shakers) is what gives these muffins flavor. The squash does not overpower the flavors. These are truly something to try, especially if you are searching for ways to use squash.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook, drain, and mash the squash to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Cream the sugar, molasses, and butter; add the egg and squash and blend well.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add them into the squash mixture. Fold in the pecans.
- Fill muffin tins half full of batter and bake for approximately 20 minutes.