1/1 Photo of Shaker Squash Muffins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
These are served at the Trustee's House at Pleasant Hill where "They make you kindly welcome." NOTE: The molasses (made at Pleasant Hill by Shakers) is what gives these muffins flavor. The squash does not overpower the flavors. These are truly something to try, especially if you are searching for ways to use squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook, drain, and mash the squash to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- 3Cream the sugar, molasses, and butter; add the egg and squash and blend well.
- 4Mix the dry ingredients and add them into the squash mixture. Fold in the pecans.
- 5Fill muffin tins half full of batter and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shaker Squash Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (779 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2205.0
- Calories from Fat 857
- Total Fat 95.2 g
- Saturated Fat 49.5 g
- Cholesterol 364.4 mg
- Sodium 2132.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 318.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 168.0 g
- Protein 26.9 g