Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The BEST WAY to serve leftover mashed potatoes. We always make sure we have leftover potatoes at our house. These are sure to be a hit with your picky eaters. Really easy to vary ingredients with this dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spread mashed potatoes in greased pan.
- Pressed the cubed cheese into the potatoes.
- Next spread the onions on top then sprinkle on bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Top with butter cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes.
- *Variations: add 3 slices lightly cooked bacon crumbled, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 cup swiss cheese, jarlsberg cheese, monterey jack cheese or fresh herbs.
Great potatoes! I didn't have leftover potatoes so used instant (didn't have time to make from scratch) and they still turned out very tasty! Made as written and loved the half-melted chunks of cheese mixed in the spuds. Will make these with our leftover potatoes! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #72.
Great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! I had shredded cheddar, so I mixed shredded sharp and mild cheddar and rolled them into a ball to push into the potatoes. Also, I used shredded parm instead of grated.....even with the substitutions for what I had these turned out delicious! So happy I made them! Made for Market Tag game.
Yeah for leftovers! Bring it on. Dh and I ate the whole thing. Could be increased, made ahead to impress guests with a meal where you are not making gravy. I made as posted except I pressed in some lovely Bacon Jam into the potatoes. This is a true keeper. TY BK for posting.