Recipe by Baby Kato
The BEST WAY to serve leftover mashed potatoes. We always make sure we have leftover potatoes at our house. These are sure to be a hit with your picky eaters. Really easy to vary ingredients with this dish.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great potatoes! I didn't have leftover potatoes so used instant (didn't have time to make from scratch) and they still turned out very tasty! Made as written and loved the half-melted chunks of cheese mixed in the spuds. Will make these with our leftover potatoes! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #72.
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, old, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sweet, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spread mashed potatoes in greased pan.
- Pressed the cubed cheese into the potatoes.
- Next spread the onions on top then sprinkle on bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Top with butter cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes.
- *Variations: add 3 slices lightly cooked bacon crumbled, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 cup swiss cheese, jarlsberg cheese, monterey jack cheese or fresh herbs.