Recipe by SheCooksToConquer
This is so simple. A pan-fried chicken and gravy recipe that goes great with a simple salad and mashed potatoes (to sop up all the creamy gravy). I love Shaker cooking, I think I got this recipe about 40 years ago at the Hancock Shaker Village.
Top Review by Ackman
UPDATE: I've made this several times over the past year & it has became one of my all-time FAVORITE Chicken dishes!!! I use leg quaters & a little more butter & oil. The chicken is SOOOOOO moist & flavorful!!! THANKS, again, for posting this recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs cut up chicken (or whatever pieces you like)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt and pepper in a plastic (Ziploc) bag.
- Add chicken pieces, and shake until coated.
- Heat butter and oil together in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and brown well on both sides.
- Remove chicken pieces when browned and drain fat from skillet. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up.
- Pour half-and-half over chicken, cover skillet, and cook over low heat for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and tender.