Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Chicken in rich creamy sauce. Serve with a bowl of steaming mashed potatoes and crisply cooked fresh vegetables.
- 8 free-range skinless chicken thighs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 Red Delicious apples
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Red Delicious apple, slices (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add the chicken and saute until browned on all sides.
- Remove from the heat, lift out the chicken with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Quarter and peel the apples, then core and slice them.
- Return the casserole to the heat and add the apples, sugar, spice 2 cups stock, and the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring the apples frequently.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender, adding more stock if necessary.
- Add the cream and heat through, then taste the sauce for seasoning.
- Serve hot, garnished with apple slices.