I've tried many recipes for the homemade version. This one comes the closest to what my taste buds like.
My Private Note
Cups Dr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers (about 28 little saltine squares)
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Mix all ingredients in food processor and whirl until blended.
- 2Store in refrigerator.
- 3When ready to use, dip chicken pieces in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and then coat with Shake-n-Bake mixture.
- 4Place chicken in shallow pan, skin side up.
- 5Bake in 375°F oven for 30 minutes.
- 6After 30 minutes spray chicken with a light misting of oil (Pam or generic brand will do).
- 7Return to oven and bake about 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- 8NOTE: If using boneless breasts they won't take as long to cook as thighs or legs.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shake-n-bake for Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 1279.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes