Recipe by Pinay0618
Ridiculously easy, and so, so good :) I also like this with chicken tenders in place of the shrimp. Recipe is from Kraft.
- 2⁄3 cup baker's angel flake coconut, toasted
- 3 ounces pkt. shake 'n bake chicken coating mix
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb uncooked extra-large shrimp, peeled with tails left on, deveined
Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon spice islands red pepper, Crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE first 4 ingredients in pie plate; set aside. Whisk egg and water in separate pie plate until blended.
- DIP shrimp, 1 at a time, in egg, then in coconut mixture, turning to completely coat both sides of each shrimp with egg before coating with coconut mixture; place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press coating mixture firmly onto shrimp to secure.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minute or until shrimp are done.
- For the sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot.