Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not a copycat recipe of the popular "Shake 'n Bake" brand of chicken breading but my personal recipe for parmesan crusted baked chicken. For an extra treat, pour marinara sauce across boneless breast, top with mozzarella and garnish with an olive slice in the final 10 minutes of baking. NOTE: This recipe requires 1 1/4 teaspoons of my Pizza Flavor Herb and Spice Blend.
- 6 -8 fresh boneless chicken breasts
- Best Foods Mayonnaise or Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheese crackers (Cheez-It or Goldfish, ground)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning (Pizza Flavor Herb and Spice Blend)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- THIS RECIPE REQUIRES 1 1/4 TEASPOONS OF MY Recipe #467951. ITS BLENDED HERBS AND SPICES (PARTICULARLY FENNEL) LEND A UNIQUE, AUTHENTIC PIZZA FLAVOR. I DON'T RECOMMEND SUBSTITUTIONS.
- THAW chicken ahead of time in refrigerator if frozen (do not defrost chicken in microwave oven).
- WASH chicken; BLOT dry with absorbent paper.
- COAT chicken pieces liberally and evenly with Best Foods or Hellman's mayonnaise using hands; PLACE coated chicken on a platter; WASH hands.
- PLACE oven rack in center position; PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- INTO the large bowl of a food processor add: 2 cups Cheez-It cheese crackers, 1/2 cup powdered parmesan cheese, 1 1/4 teaspoons Recipe #467951, and 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper; PROCESS mixture for one minute, or until crackers are granulated.
- EMPTY breading into a large resealable container or Ziploc bag.
- DROP 1-2 coated chicken pieces into breading container using tongs; SEAL container; SHAKE chicken until evenly and generously breaded; REMOVE chicken and place onto a large ungreased baking dish; REPEAT with remaining chicken pieces.
- BAKE breaded boneless chicken breasts for 25-30 minutes at 325°F, or just until no longer pink (if desired, pour marinara sauce across center of each chicken breast, top with provolone cheese and garnish with a sliced olive for the final 10 minutes of baking).
- SERVE and enjoy!