Recipe by VickyJ
I think this is much better than the stuff you buy from the store. It has much more flavor. It's a quick meal when you don't have time or don't know what else to make... very, very tasty! I used boneless chicken breasts.
Top Review by Ninna
What a great idea Vicki. We really enjoyed this. Because DH, for health reasons, is not allowed any oil or fat in his diet, I had to make some changes. As I couldn’t add the oil I used egg whites, lightly beaten, to dunk the chicken in prior to shaking in the herb mix. Then I used a pastry brush to paint on a little chicken stock on the top of the chicken to moisten the crumbs – I didn’t want them too dry because I couldn’t use the oil. It turned out fine and because we liked the idea so much I used it with fish, just changing the seasonings a little to suit - omitting some and adding lemon pepper - and it worked great. Thanks so much for a great recipe, I have used it a couple of times already. I know it would be even better your way and certainly easier but it was still great.
- 2⁄3 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 dash granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken piece
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake together first 7 ingredients in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Brush surface of chicken pieces with the olive oil.
- Shake chicken pieces, 1 - 2 piece at a time, in mixture.
- Place coated chicken on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in a 400 degree oven until juices run clear, about 20 minutes for boneless chicken and 45 minutes for bone-in chicken.