Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Crispy on the outside and moist and tender inside, if desired you may marinate the breasts in the BBQ sauce for up to 8 hours, for a little heat add in a pinch or more of cayenne to the dry coating mixture or the barbecue sauce :)
- 1⁄2 cup kraft original barbecue sauce (or use a different flavor of Kraft BBQ sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup original Shake-n-Bake
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (use only dry breadcrumbs for this)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce with Dijon mustard until well combined.
- In a shallow dish combine the Shake N' Bake coating mix with dry breadcrumbs, garlic powder, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Using a pastry brush coat the BBQ sauce mixture liberally all over the chicken breasts (using up all the BBQ sauce).
- Coat the breast into the crumb mixture on both sides (discard any remaining crumb mixture).
- Place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes (baking time for regular size breasts should not take more than 25 minutes or they will become dry, for exta large thick breasts allow 5 minutes more cooking time).