Recipe by tcourto
This recipe was given to me by the head cook at Shakamak High School. It is easy to make and they taste great.<><
Top Review by CarrolJ
This recipe makes big fluffy delicious rolls. Terrific presentation as well. Do not be concerned by the large amount of yeast listed in recipe. It is correct amazingly. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 quart warm water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 6 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 11 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, yeast, sugar and oil together.
- Add flour and salt a little at a time until you can handle the dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise. (about 20 minutes).
- Punch down then let rise again (about 10 minutes).
- Pinch off dough balls or use a 18/8 scoop.
- Fold ends under to form a smooth top.
- Place on a greased pan close together. Let rise about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.