Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Indian Style Cauliflower with Potatoes. This is a basic vegetarian Indian dish that is really tasty and healthy. I always add extra spices. Thanks to Shahzadi on Allrecipes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger paste. Cook about 1 minute until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the potatoes. Season with turmeric, paprika, cumin, garam masala and sale. Cover and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the cauliflower and cilantro into the saucepan. Reduce heat to low and cover. Stirring occasionally, continue cooking 10 minutes, or until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Top with a dollop of plain yogurt if desired and diet allows.