Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are YUMMILICIOUS and SINFULLY DELICIOUS! Since this is my 1500th recipe, I wanted it to be something REALLY GOOD! I do hope you will enjoy this awesome dessert and think of me while you do so! This recipe comes from the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
- 4 peach halves in syrup, canned
- 4 slices bread
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I use Virtually fat-free to make it guilt-free)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cornflour (mixed in 3-4 tbsps. of milk)
- 1⁄4 cup Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 4 fresh mint leaves, washed,for garnishing
For the Melba sauce
- 225 g raspberry jam or 225 g strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Boil together the sugar and water to obtain a syrup consistency.
- Keep aside.
- Mix the condensed milk and the milk.
- Boil well, stirring continuously.
- When it comes to a boil, add the cornflour paste and keep stirring till it thickens.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Cut the bread into rounds.
- Deep fry in hot ghee or oil until golden in colour.
- As soon as you remove the bread rounds from the hot ghee or oil, dip them into the sugar syrup for a minute.
- Remove into the serving dish.
- Spread 1 tbsp.
- of the condensed milk mixture on each bread round.
- Turn the peach-half upside down.
- Place it onto the bread round.
- Prepare the Melba sauce by boiling together the raspberry or strawberry jam with 1/2 cup of water and straining it after that.
- Just before serving, pour 1-2 tbsps.
- of the melba sauce over each peach.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and serve chilled.