These are YUMMILICIOUS and SINFULLY DELICIOUS! Since this is my 1500th recipe, I wanted it to be something REALLY GOOD! I do hope you will enjoy this awesome dessert and think of me while you do so! This recipe comes from the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 peach halves in syrup, canned
- 4 slices bread
- 3/4 cup milk (I use Virtually fat-free to make it guilt-free)
- 3/4 tablespoon cornflour (mixed in 3-4 tbsps. of milk)
- 1/4 cup Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 4 fresh mint leaves, washed,for garnishing
For the Melba sauce
- 225 g raspberry jam or 225 g strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup water
For the syrup
- 1Boil together the sugar and water to obtain a syrup consistency.
- 2Keep aside.
- 3Mix the condensed milk and the milk.
- 4Boil well, stirring continuously.
- 5When it comes to a boil, add the cornflour paste and keep stirring till it thickens.
- 6Remove from flame and keep aside.
- 7Cut the bread into rounds.
- 8Deep fry in hot ghee or oil until golden in colour.
- 9As soon as you remove the bread rounds from the hot ghee or oil, dip them into the sugar syrup for a minute.
- 10Remove into the serving dish.
- 11Spread 1 tbsp.
- 12of the condensed milk mixture on each bread round.
- 13Turn the peach-half upside down.
- 14Place it onto the bread round.
- 16Prepare the Melba sauce by boiling together the raspberry or strawberry jam with 1/2 cup of water and straining it after that.
- 17Just before serving, pour 1-2 tbsps.
- 18of the melba sauce over each peach.
- 19Garnish with a mint leaf and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shahi Tukre With Peaches and Melba
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 200.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 81.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g