- 500 g boneless spring lamb
- 3 tablespoons grated raw papayas
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 7 -8 saffron strands
- 1 drop of vetivier spice essence (kewda)
- oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except oil in a large bowl.
- Mince in a meat mincer four times over until the meat is very fine.
- Shape into kebabs about 2 inches in diameter.
- Shallow fry the kebabs on an iron griddle (tawa) on very low flame until kebabs are brown on both sides and cooked inside.
- Serve hot with mint and corriander chutney.