Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
A tasty way to serve Asparagus. If you do not like having to cut the long stalks on the dinner plate just cut the stalks in 1 1/2 inch lengths before cooking and cut the onion slices in quarters.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon butter, first amount
- 5 asparagus spears, pealed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon butter, second amount
- 2 slices cooking onions
- 1⁄4 pinch onion powder (to taste)
- Melt first amount of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and cook until bright green but still firm.
- Stir in second amount of butter and the onion into the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with onion powder.
- Cook and stir until onion is softened and asparagus are crisp-tender.