Recipe by Shahana
Freeze in serving size containers and enjoy a fast meat dish over rice when you are too tired to cook from scratch. I don't remember where I got the basic recipe but I have tweeked it so often it probably isn't anywhere near the same.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter in a large frying pan.
- Add beef and brown lightly.
- Drain liquid into a bowl and place in freezer until the fat is solid.
- Discard fat and return broth to meat, should be at least 1 cup, if not just add water to reach the measurement.
- Add remaining ingredients, and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to simmer until desired consistancy.
- Measure into freezable containers and label with use before date (3 months from date of cooking).
- Place in freezer.
- When you want to serve it reheat gently and if desired add flavours like curry, chilli, etc.