Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A meatloaf with a nutty twist. This is one of my originals.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄3 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 small onions, chopped (1 to 1 1/2 in diam)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine (large)
- 1 egg
- 5 slices bacon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Line loaf pan with bacon slices.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put in loaf pan on top of bacon and shape.
- Bring bacon ends over top.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain and cool.
- Serve as main course.
- Can be topped with barbecue sauce during last 30 minutes of cooking.
When I saw oatmeal, knew this would be a good loaf. Oatmeal gives such a nice color and texture. Have 11 walnuts trees, so anytime I can use them I go for it. Never used them in a loaf,what a tasty and healthy surprise. Bacon gave a good taste and kept it moist. I mixed 1/2 c ketchup,1/4 c br. sugar,1/2 tsp worcestershire which I poured over after 20 min. Tip..for thoes concerned about grease, just put 2 slices of bread under your loaf. Thanks, Shadow for another great recipe.