Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Many people are surprised that they love this unusual food item. I know there are many recipes here for this food item, this is the way we fix them. The first time we made these we ran out of pickles so we started to "fry" anything that was not tied down, olives, cheese, veggies, I even was looking at the cats ( well the wife would not stand for that ) so it did not happen LOL! Cooking times are approximations, use your judgement. SOURCE Shadows
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml dill pickle slices, thin
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Mix the flour, salt, cayenne and pepper in a bowl.
- Lightly whip the egg in a separate bowl.
- Add the milk to the egg.
- Heat the oil (about 2 inches) to 325.
- Dip the pickle slices first into the flour, then the egg mixture, and finally back into the flour.
- Carefully place the pickles into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Fry until golden brown (about 8 minutes), turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
YUMMY! I'm so glad I found this recipe! My boyfriend and I have made them several times now and they are definitely a favorite! They are especially good dipped in ranch dressing!
Yowza!!! I did a very small batch of these, in case they tasted as wierd as they sound, with my home-made dill pickles. Well they were so tasty I did up a BIG batch for a bunch of friends on a camping trip the next weekend and didn't have one left! Wierd, but wonderful!
WOW, these were quite interesting...and addictive ! The only thing I changed was using my deep fryer but at the temp. posted here. I know my family will love these, but I will have them finished by the time they get home ! Thanks Shadow.