Recipe by Chef Shadows
These are very spicy. We serve these every Christmas and New Years. Do not change the recipe for best results. Even better the next day!
Top Review by Scottschef
Finally got around to making these and WOW!!!!......I can't believe I waited so long.......pretty much followed the recipe as is and they were perfect!!!!......and so easy..........really........even worth having to peel them!!.......Served them with Tyler Florence's grape tomato and gorgonzola dressing salad which was the perfect side and the next day.......we cut up the shrimp and added it to the salad and OH MY!!!!!!!!........this is truly an amazing dish Shadow......thanks for sharing!!
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp or 3 lbs thawed frozen shrimp
- 6 ounces prepared horseradish mustard
- 3 tablespoons red peppers
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 crushed bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 12 ounces beer or 12 ounces ale
- 1 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all in a large pot or kettle.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn shrimp over several times while cooking.
- Boil 15-20 minutes or until the tails turn pink.
- It is better to under cook shrimp then to.
- over cook.
- Note : the red pepper is the hot type, not the sweat.