Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very spicy. We serve these every Christmas and New Years. Do not change the recipe for best results. Even better the next day!
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp or 3 lbs thawed frozen shrimp
- 6 ounces prepared horseradish mustard
- 3 tablespoons red peppers
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 crushed bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 12 ounces beer or 12 ounces ale
- 1 cup vinegar
- Put all in a large pot or kettle.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn shrimp over several times while cooking.
- Boil 15-20 minutes or until the tails turn pink.
- It is better to under cook shrimp then to.
- over cook.
- Note : the red pepper is the hot type, not the sweat.
Finally got around to making these and WOW!!!!......I can't believe I waited so long.......pretty much followed the recipe as is and they were perfect!!!!......and so easy..........really........even worth having to peel them!!.......Served them with Tyler Florence's grape tomato and gorgonzola dressing salad which was the perfect side and the next day.......we cut up the shrimp and added it to the salad and OH MY!!!!!!!!........this is truly an amazing dish Shadow......thanks for sharing!!
5 + stars!! Full of flavor!!
Four people, 3lbs. of shrimp, 8 beers & vanilla ice cream requested afterwards. I followed the recipe as posted. At 5mins of boiling the shrimp the tails were turning pink. I continued to cook till 14mins. They were juicy & tender. They were "spicy" but no too spicy that we were unable to finish them off. I thought I might have a little heart burn due to the spice. Not a problem at all!!!! We really enjoyed these. It was a very easy recipe to make. I served them cold. I will be making this often!!!!! Thank you Shadow this is a great recipe!