Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lightened version of a recipe for Mountain Mash Potatoes I found in a magazine. Original recipe used a 1/2 cup of butter and cream. I was doing Weight Watchers at the time so it wasn't practical to make, however, I liked the idea of red potatoes with green onions. This is wonderful with roast beef and gravy. 2 Points per serving.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook Potatoes till tender (I prefer to steam them for 20 min).
- Add Butter and milk and mash until blended.
- Fold in green onions, salt and pepper.
These were delicious!! I will put this on my favorites. I cooked the green onions on the stove over low heat to soften the onions a little bit. Then, I stuck them in the potatoes. Really good!!
Great potatoes. I love recipes where you don't have to peel potatoes, lol. Nice flavor and loved the green onions in them. Thanks, Tarynne.
These were wonderful. I had never mashed red potatoes before, and sure will from now on, since russets are not good for diabetics, and waxy potatoes are better! Thanks for posting!