Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
It tastes nice and the name sounds cool!
Top Review by GoKittenGo
I have to edit my initial review -- as I've made this again. I've since learned (having finally stopped moving long enough to look this up - lol!) that dhaniya powder is coriander, and have to say that with it, this recipe is still positively fab, maybe even better! :) (I feel so silly for not looking it up sooner!)
- 150 g mushrooms
- 150 g green peas
- 2 medium onions (grated)
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated)
- 4.92 ml ginger paste
- 4.92 ml garlic paste
- 4.92 ml dhaniya powder
- 44.37 ml oil
- 20 cashew nuts, ground to a paste
- 4.92 ml red chili powder
- 2.46 ml garam masala powder
- 2.46 ml turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut mushrooms into quarters.
- Heat oil and add onions.
- Saute till brown.
- Mix ginger and garlic pastes in water.
- Add it to the onions.
- Let water evaporate.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and dhaniya powder.
- Saute well.
- Add grated tomatoes and saute till oil separates.
- Add fresh mushrooms and greenpeas.
- Mix with the masala and add salt.
- Fry well.
- Add 3/4th cup water and cook by covering with a lid.
- When done, add garam masala and cashew paste.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with chopped corriander (cilantro) and serve hot with roti.