Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It tastes nice and the name sounds cool!
Make and share this Shabnam Curry recipe from Food.com.
- Cut mushrooms into quarters.
- Heat oil and add onions.
- Saute till brown.
- Mix ginger and garlic pastes in water.
- Add it to the onions.
- Let water evaporate.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and dhaniya powder.
- Saute well.
- Add grated tomatoes and saute till oil separates.
- Add fresh mushrooms and greenpeas.
- Mix with the masala and add salt.
- Fry well.
- Add 3/4th cup water and cook by covering with a lid.
- When done, add garam masala and cashew paste.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with chopped corriander (cilantro) and serve hot with roti.
I have to edit my initial review -- as I've made this again. I've since learned (having finally stopped moving long enough to look this up - lol!) that dhaniya powder is coriander, and have to say that with it, this recipe is still positively fab, maybe even better! :) (I feel so silly for not looking it up sooner!)
My hubby in from India and he really liked this. He said it had a "sweet" flavor. Not sure where that came from!!
Sorry Char, but somehow something went wrong. Usually all your recipes come out very well, but this was not up to my expectations. I do not know what went wrong. I did follow the recipe to the dot, and usually any curry gets a fantastic flavor when kaju is used, but somehow this did not come out well.