1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
You can vary this by including different vegetables and brushing the chicken with different sauces near the end of the cooking time. People who aren't thrilled with rice usually enjoy this way of preparing it, the rice takes on a delicious chickeny flavor. Brown or white rice are equally good here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour rice into the bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of the onion soup mix.
- 2Add the Italian dressing, the wine and the water.
- 3Gently put in the chicken parts. Can be touching in the pan.
- 4Sprinkle chicken with the remaining 1 Tablespoon of the onion soup mix and whatever spices you'd like.
- 5Cover tightly with foil and carefully put into oven.
- 6Bake one hour at 375.
- 7Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes, until chicken is browned and liquid is absorbed by the rice. Can brush chicken with sauce or add other seasonings when removing cover. Remove foil carefully, the pan will release steam.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shabbat Chicken and Rice All-In-One
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 354.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 47.5 g