Recipe by raina ali
I got this recipe from an Indian cookery show. I thought it would be great for Indians and Pakistanis who like to make special dishes on those big occasions.
- 1 papaya, ground (not ripe)
- 5 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons red chili powder
- 3 tablespoons crushed cumin powder (zeera)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 onions, cubed
- 1 goat leg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix papaya and ginger garlic paste.
- Put salt on the leg piece.
- Then red chilli powder.
- Make gravy by frying onions first then add tomatoes and fry them.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder.
- Then pour the gravy, when done, all over the leg and cover it with foil.
- Put it in the oven for 45 mins in 180'C then on low temp for 140'C for an hour.
- Serve with hot naan and lassi for a traditional effect.
- Garnish with mint leaves.