Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my remake of a Burt Wolf recipe. I like more spices.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 cup shrimp, shelled
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup scallions or 1 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry chinese mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 -2 pinch of dried red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- In a wok or deep skillet over high heat, cook two tbs of oil until it begins to shimmer.
- Add the Canadian bacon and stir fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove and wipe out the wok.
- In the wok over high heat, heat the 1 tbs of oil until hot.
- Add the eggs and cook util they are solid, about 2 min.
- Add the rice and stir until the eggs break into pieces and blend with the rice.
- Add the shrimp, ham, salt and pepper, scallions or onions and stir fry briskly for about 2 min.
- Plate it up and enjoy!