Recipe by kanddbk
A nourishing vegetable soup to eat as part of the Sacred Heart diet plan. You eat as much of this soup as you desire each day combined with several other items specific to each day to promote weight loss. This is one of many variations on the original soup recipe.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 (15 -16 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 46 ounces vegetable cocktail (V-8)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in large soup pot.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
- Soup can be prepared in large counter top roaster or crock pot (may need two crock pots depending on size of each).
- Finished soup can also be canned in a large pressure canner and stored in pantry.