Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
For those that want a kick in the pants, try this recipe from my son for your steaks or any red meat cut.
Top Review by diner524
I made this last night for dinner for 17 yo DS and myself, using a flank steak and it was wonderful. I made the marinade about 1-2 pm and cooked it on the grill about 6:30 pm. I like to let it marinade longer to get a better flavor absorbed into the meat and also let it sit at room temperature in the marinade 1 hour before cooking. I was worried that the amount of seasoning salt would be too much, but it wasn't for our tastes. Thanks for another great marinade recipe for us to use. Made for gimme 5 tag.
- 118.29 ml merlot red wine
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml seasoning salt
- 14.79 ml crushed basil leaves
- 44.37 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- blend all in a gallon size zip loc bag.
- add in meat.
- mush around.
- beat it like Rocky Balboa.
- let sit in marinade until ready to cook or 10 minute.
- (add in more olive oil/wine to sauce if needed for larger cuts of beef).
- on grill sear the outside for 1 min each side.
- brush on remaining seasoning from bag.
- grill til done ( rare/med/well done).
- for larger cuts of beef as in roast let marinade no more than 30 min ,place in roasting pan with all sauce and cook til done.
- *** cooking/grilling time includes marinade time for steaks. increase as needed.