Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For those that want a kick in the pants, try this recipe from my son for your steaks or any red meat cut.
- 118.29 ml merlot red wine
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml seasoning salt
- 14.79 ml crushed basil leaves
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- blend all in a gallon size zip loc bag.
- add in meat.
- mush around.
- beat it like Rocky Balboa.
- let sit in marinade until ready to cook or 10 minute.
- (add in more olive oil/wine to sauce if needed for larger cuts of beef).
- on grill sear the outside for 1 min each side.
- brush on remaining seasoning from bag.
- grill til done ( rare/med/well done).
- for larger cuts of beef as in roast let marinade no more than 30 min ,place in roasting pan with all sauce and cook til done.
- *** cooking/grilling time includes marinade time for steaks. increase as needed.
I made this last night for dinner for 17 yo DS and myself, using a flank steak and it was wonderful. I made the marinade about 1-2 pm and cooked it on the grill about 6:30 pm. I like to let it marinade longer to get a better flavor absorbed into the meat and also let it sit at room temperature in the marinade 1 hour before cooking. I was worried that the amount of seasoning salt would be too much, but it wasn't for our tastes. Thanks for another great marinade recipe for us to use. Made for gimme 5 tag.
We used this to marinade our steak for our campout. We mixed it up ahead of time so the steak marinated for 3 days before we cooked it over an open campfire and ate it outdoors. We used a cabernet for the wine. Made for AZ recipe swap.
This was lovely. I messed up & used pork cutlets, but they still tasted great. Look forward to trying it with beef & venison. Made for ZWT5 by a Hell's Kitchen Angel.