Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this it is for a request. The recipe for this 'Greek Quiche' comes from the Island of Mytinlini. It's a wonderful baked omelet with the flavors of the Aegean.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill weed
- 10 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 eggs
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- In a large pot, heat enough oil to cover the bottom.
- Add the lettuce and onions and stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and some salt and pepper and continue to cook until the water has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and add the mint and dill weed.
- Toss it well together and set it aside to cool completely.
- Heat the oven to 450°F and generously butter a large baking dish.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until frothy.
- Gently fold in the cooled lettuce mixture.
- Pour it into the buttered dish and bake until the center seems firm.
- Serve with fresh bread and greek salad.