Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A variation of the traditional sfinge recipe. A simple batter similar to Zeppoli, dropped into hot oil, fried crisp and dusted with powdered sugar.
- Mix ricotta cheese with sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in Self-Rising flour and beat until smooth.
- Heat oil to 370 degrees.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons a few at a time into oil.
- Remove from oil when they reach a golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, cinnamon sugar or honey.
- Serve Warm.
These were really addictive! They cooked very quickly, so it was definitely only a few at a time (I burned the first 3) but the rest came out wonderful. I sprinkled them with confectioners' sugar to finish. I think next time I will try them a bit of cinnamon in the batter.