Recipe by Brenda.
A variation of the traditional sfinge recipe. A simple batter similar to Zeppoli, dropped into hot oil, fried crisp and dusted with powdered sugar.
Top Review by JenPo
These were really addictive! They cooked very quickly, so it was definitely only a few at a time (I burned the first 3) but the rest came out wonderful. I sprinkled them with confectioners' sugar to finish. I think next time I will try them a bit of cinnamon in the batter.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ricotta cheese with sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in Self-Rising flour and beat until smooth.
- Heat oil to 370 degrees.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons a few at a time into oil.
- Remove from oil when they reach a golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, cinnamon sugar or honey.
- Serve Warm.