Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Sfiha is a pizza-like dish eaten in the Middle East.
Make and share this Sfiha Meat Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 16 ounces ground lamb
- 2 firm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon, and ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame paste (Tahini)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice, thickened (if available)
- 4 tablespoons fried pine nuts
- For Dough:Combine yeast, water and sugar and let sit for ten minutes.
- Add olive oil.
- Slowly add flour, half cup at a time until all combined, add a tsp of water if needed to combine dough.
- Mix well meat, tomatoes, onion and spices.
- Add yoghurt, sesame paste and pomegranate.
- Mix all with fried pine nuts.
- Add butter.
- Divide dough into walnut size balls.
- Roll between hand palms to smooth.
- Roll out balls with a rolling pin to form 8 cm diameter circles.
- Put one tbls of meat mixture on dough circle seeing that a cube is in each spoon.
- Bring the edges up and press to make a square.
- Arrange meat pastries in a tray brushed with butter.
- Bake in a moderate heat oven at 350 for 30 minutes or till dough is golden and meat is cooked.
- Serve hot with yogurt.