Recipe by LauraBelleBlue
My mother made a version of this the whole time I was growing up. I "sexed it up" with a little spice and heat.
Top Review by * Pamela *
Great BBQ sauce but a tad hot for me. I used some epicure selections hot salsa mix for the red pepper mix for the peppers and it was still to hot for me. I used the chili sauce and it was a perfect consistency. Thanks for posting, I made this for Pick-a Chef spring 2007 :)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chili sauce (you can use ketchup if you must...)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute or two, until garlic is softened and aromatic, you can skip the mincing and go for garlic powder if you want to, but that is just a cheater's way out.
- Add water and turn heat up to medium.
- Swirl mixture or stir until integrated fairly well.
- Add Chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili flakes, and whatever other spices that turn you on.
- Stir to combine.
- Heat over medium or medium-high heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Serve over grilled chicken, veggies, etc.
- Note: if using for a marinade, allow to cool completely first.