This was a recipe I found in my Mom's collection. It was given to her by my Grandma. This pie is very good and creamy. I made a few adjustments to satisfy my chocolate addiction. Prep/cook time does not include cooling of crust.
- 295.73 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 226.79 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml Cool Whip
- 85.04 g box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 85.04 g box instant vanilla pudding
- 709.77 ml milk (divided)
- 118.29 ml mini chocolate chip
- 473.18 ml Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- CRUST: Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine; press into pie pan and bake 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- FILLING: Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup Cool Whip with electic mixer; spread on cooled crust.
- TOPPING: Combine chocolate pudding and 1 1/2 cups milk; stir in mini chocolate chips, set aside.
- Combine vanilla pudding and 1 1/2 cups milk in a separate bowl.
- Spread vanilla pudding on cream cheese filling.
- Spread chocolate pudding on vanilla pudding.
- Top pie with remaining 2 cups Cool Whip.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate (optional).
- Refrigerate one hour to set.
Yummy and easy to make. We have a favorite like this but we have never had mini chocolate chips before. My DS said he really like the addition. Made for PRMR.
Oh My Yummy Goodness. Well lets see now, I used a heart healthy margarine, Splenda for the sugar, 98% fat free cream cheese, Cool Whip Light, Sugar free/fat free puddings, skim milk and shaved 70% chocolate in the dessert as well as on top. Ok, that said, This was smooth, creamy, kinda fluffy (it's hard to make cream cheese and pudding fluffy, lol), and downright delicious. :D
I cut the sugar down by 1/2 and I used a premade pie crust, but I should have made one as it was not quite big enough to put the lid on. The instructions did not say what to do with the chocolate chips so I put them in the vanilla layer. It well deserves its name. A keeper recipe but not to have too often as it is very very rich. My son insisted upon color sprinkles instead of chocolate shavings.