Yes, this is the thirteenth entry for this particular recipe, and yes, it is different from all the rest. This is one of the most requested desserts I have. Easy to put together, and ohhhhhh soooooo gooooood. (People actually make strange noises while eating it.) It will keep for a few days in the fridge, but only if you padlock the door. :) Cooking time does not include the time needed for chilling. NOTE: whipped cream is measured after it has been whipped.
- 118.29 ml butter, soft (margarine works very well)
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- 226.79 g cream cheese, soft
- 236.59 ml icing sugar
- 473.18 ml whipped cream
- 106 g package chocolate instant pudding, 4 serving size
- 106 g package instant vanilla pudding, 4 serving size
- 473.18 ml milk
- 354.88 ml whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar, grated
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Blend in flour, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Press mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350*. Cool.
- Combine cream cheese, and icing sugar. Add 2 cups whipped cream.
- Pour this mixture over the crust.
- Combine both pudding mixes with the milk. Pour over cheese mixture.
- Ice with 1-1/2 cups whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
for the first reviewer, tina a, the milk amount should be 1 1/2 cups per box of pudding mix. I use 3 cups and mix both puddings together. I find it difficult to make a great job of spreading pudding on top of pudding
We cannot keep our faces out of this. We love the pecan sandy-esque crust most of all. KEEPER! I had no cream cheese, so I substituted equivalent amount of sour cream & added a little more powdered sugar to make up for the different consistency. (In taste test, this was awesome.)<br/><br/>However, I had serious difficulty with the pudding part, I used the amount of milk called for in recipe and it was like fudge brownie batter....unworkable. So I had to add more milk, 1/2-3/4C more. And I still had difficulty spreading it over the mixture below. The pudding wanted to pull up the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture, which made for ugly layers from the outside. I'm sure it will be yummy but wanted to recommend more milk in pudding mix. (I made my own whipped cream with 2 T of vanilla pudding mix added to prevent weeping....my own version of "Never Weep" Whipped Cream "Never Weep" Whipped Cream. I added more sugar and mexican vanilla.)
Amazing. I used it in a spring form pan and used walnuts instead. It turned out awesome. I would have chopped my nuts finer though I.e in a food processor as the chopped nuts were slightly larger than I would have liked. Thank you my mother in law loved it.