Recipe by Diana #2
Yes, this is the thirteenth entry for this particular recipe, and yes, it is different from all the rest. This is one of the most requested desserts I have. Easy to put together, and ohhhhhh soooooo gooooood. (People actually make strange noises while eating it.) It will keep for a few days in the fridge, but only if you padlock the door. :) Cooking time does not include the time needed for chilling. NOTE: whipped cream is measured after it has been whipped.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft (margarine works very well)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 (106 g) package chocolate instant pudding, 4 serving size
- 1 (106 g) package instant vanilla pudding, 4 serving size
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Blend in flour, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Press mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350*. Cool.
- Combine cream cheese, and icing sugar. Add 2 cups whipped cream.
- Pour this mixture over the crust.
- Combine both pudding mixes with the milk. Pour over cheese mixture.
- Ice with 1-1/2 cups whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.