Recipe by Joanne Bryant
This desert was a BIG HIT at a recent barbque we attended. It was so good, I had to have the recipe and want to share it with you. It is really decadent and very rich....not for the faint of heart! (I am going to try to lighten it up a bit with sugar free puddings and fat free milk and whipped topping)
Top Review by Notherjack
I took this to a potluck dinner and it was a smash hit. Many of the people attending were healthy choice types but this was the first dessert pan emptied. Never underestimate the power of chocolate.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (32 ounce) container whipped dessert topping mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk, divided
- caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and flour until it's crumbly, stir in nuts and press into 9x13x2 baking pan Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Combine softened cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until creamy and spread it over the crust.
- Spread 1/2 the whipped topping over cream cheese mixture.
- Mix package of vanilla pudding with 1-1/2 cups milk until thickened and spoon it evenly over the whipped topping.
- Mix package of chocolate pudding with the balance of the milk until thickened and spread it evenly over the vanilla pudding.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping over chocolate pudding.
- To garnish: drizzle carmel topping over top and sprinkle shaved chocolate over all.
- Allow to chill thoroughly 3-4 hours before serving.