Recipe by CHEF GRPA
This is an old recipe- my word- it's amazing how recipes can take us back. I got this from Mitch in Gatineau, Québec, Canada. That found it in a cookbook she bought over 25 yrs ago now. This rich, sweet, sinful, delicious dessert is not called "Sex in a pan" for nothing. You decide. LOL Great for any occasion. One of my favourite desserts from Canada. YES it's not the healthiest with artifical cool whip and instant puddings having so much sodium BUT people only have it once in awhile and life is too short to be such a party pooper.. so don't make it don't eat it and the rest of us will ENJOY what we know is a GREAT "to die for...treat"! The name says it all SEX in a pan..it's that good! ... Yummy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or if you have allergies, a non gluten flour can be use)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar or 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
PUDDING MIX TOPPING
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 -3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix (or flavour of your choice) or 2 -3 1⁄2 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix (or flavour of your choice)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- maraschino cherry
- chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. To prepare the base, combine flour, butter, sugar and nuts.
- 2. Mix until crumbly. Press into greased 10" spring form pan or square pan.
- Bake at 350*F. for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- 3. In the meantime, prepare the cream cheese filling by beating the cream cheese with the icing/power sugar. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip until well blended. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate while making the topping.
- 4. To prepare the pudding mix topping, add the milk to the instant pudding mix following the directions on the package. Let cool. Top with remaining cool whip. Garnish with coconut, chopped nuts, shaved chocolate or marashino cherries, strawberries. Refrigerate before serving.
- *Note: Whatever name you call it whatever pudding flavor you use (I use Vanilla and Chocolate.)it is awesome! You can also freeze it for those who like frozen desserts and I put a layer of thinly sliced bananas on top of the cookie bottom before the fillngs! YUMl -- to answer "what icing sugar is". it is in nothern american stores called icing sugar in the sugar aisle and usually in a clear plastic bag now. and it is just powdered sugar that most people use to make icing for cakes or add to their shortbread Xmas cookie recipe.