Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this last Thanksgiving and I have requests for a repeat performance this year! I have not met a single person that hasn't like this, because it's light but rich! This dessert really lives up to its name!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip (buy large container)
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (do NOT buy pie filling!!!)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- 3 cups milk
- Mix together the icing sugar, margarine, flour, and chopped pecans and press into a 9X13" pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F; Cool.
- Mix cream cheese, white sugar, and ONE cup of cool whip; Spread on cool base.
- Mix both packages of pudding and add 3 cups of milk.
- Beat and spread on filling layer (don't worry it will thicken as it cools).
- Spread remaining cool whip on top, add some shaved chocolate if you want and set in the fridge.
We used to make this recipe in college, but we had another layer of butterscotch pudding/coolwhip mix on top of the chocolate pudding! It is awesome!
I find this humorous that I did a search for "kid Pleasers" and this popped up!!lol new title maybe???
Delicious! While I had the cream cheese in the food processor, I decided to add fresh raspberries to it...OMG! I also mixed pecans and walnuts for the base, and doubled up on the nuts....absolutely to die for! Thanks for sharing :D