Recipe by luv2cooktoo
This recipe has been made by my family for yeas. I got it from a friend so posted it here for safe keeping. It is easier to make then it sounds, since it is 4 layers you can make each layer as you have time. I usually put the dessert in the freezer to help chill and set the separte layers. So prep time gones way down (about 2 hours). I tastes much better if you can make it the day before.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 pkg. room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar (to taste)
- 500 ml Cool Whip, thawed - 1/2 large tub
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix, small box
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, small box
- 500 ml Cool Whip, rest of tub
- 1⁄8 cup chocolate square, shaved
- 1⁄8 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Ist layer - mix pecans, flour, margarine and sugar together, spead into a 9x13 pan, bake for 20-25 minute Chill.
- 2nd layer - Beat together cream cheese, icing sugar, cool whip. Spread on top of cooled base.
- 3rd layer- Whip together milk and puddings and spread on top of cream cheese layer, work quickly as it sets up fast.
- 4th layer- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the pudding layer.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and chopped pecans.