Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy!!! Bet you can't stop at just one slice!
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 containers Cool Whip
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar
- Combine pecans, flour and butter.
- Press into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely- I freeze mine. Combine cream cheese with icing sugar and spread on cooled base.
- Cover with 1 tub of cool whip.
- Beat chocolate and vanilla puddings with milk until thickened.
- Spread over cool whip layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip over pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with shaved milk chocolate bar.
- Let stand overnight in fridge.
- (I also sometimes sprinkle it with toasted coconut for a change).
This was delicious. I halved the recipe as a full recipe was far too much for us and it turned out perfect! (I weighed the pudding mixes so that I got exactly half of each package) I topped it with the shaved milk chocolate bars, but also added skor chips for an extra decadent touch. Since we can't get cool whip over here, I used real cream, whipped until stiff with a bit of sugar and vanilla. All in all, this was a real treat! Thanks!
Oh! I'm so glad this recipe is here. My mother used to make this and I lost the recipe long ago. Soooo rich.
This is great! My friend, from Toronto, Canada, had introduced me to this recipe, but she moved & I lost the recipe, but this is just as I remember. Thanks!