Recipe by Momma Mia
DANGER! Habit forming and high in pound packing calories. This fabulous dessert is rich, delectable and squishy!
Top Review by bmxmama
This is soooo good. We really enjoyed this. We used hazelnuts, because it was what I had and we chopped them really fine to make a really nice flavorful crust. The only problem we had is, with the third step...the recipe didn't indicate how much of the whipped topping you should have reserved we guessed and it turned out fine. I did make a little extra "chocolate drizzle" and that turned out wonderful. All in all, this a really fabulous desert that is really simple to make but has great flavors! Thanks for sharing! I made this one for Fall PAC 20007.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts, work best)
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate squares or 1 ounce chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Combine all ingredients and press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Cool crust before spreading cream cheese layer.
- 2nd layer -- Make this layer first so the pudding can set up and the crust can cool. Mix 2 boxes of pudding with the 3 cups of milk. Let pudding "set-up" before spreading on top of cream cheese mixture.
- 1st layer -- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on cooled crust. Than apply the pudding layer.
- 3rd layer -- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Drizzle: Melt together butter or water and chocolate slowly in microwave; 20-30 seconds at a time. Stir each time. Chocolate drizzle should be syrupy in consistency. Drizzle over the top of whipped topping layer. Chill whole pan for 3 hours.