Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 591.47 ml milk
- 118.29 ml instant rice
- 226.79 g boxregular chocolate pudding mix
- 118.29 ml miniature marshmallow
- 118.29 ml semisweet chocolate piece
- 59.14 ml peanuts
- In a medium saucepan combine milk and rice. Bring just to boiling over medium heat. Stir in pudding mix; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate pieces, and nuts.
- Pour into six (6 ounce) cups or dessert dishes.
- Cool at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional marshmallows, chocolate pieces, nuts or whip cream.
The only reason i gave this dish 4 stars was b/c the texture was a little weird but once i got used it it, it really grew on me
I am not giving this any stars. I tried this recipe because I LOVE the chocolate chip flirt rice that Mimi posted, but I made a HUGE error in judgement in making this by using brown rice and thinking I could "cook it fully" in the milk before adding the pudding, instead of using instant rice, which I can not find here where I live. Didn't work. I got the rice to a VERY chewy texture but not softer. I just lost patience waiting. I don't know what the way to remedy this would be. Cook the rice first in milk like normal rice? I really don't know. It probably IS good with rice properly prepared. The pudding mix feels a bit like "cheating", though, texture wise. But it was fun to chop up the marshmellows and peanuts and chocolate and garnish. Without instant rice or a better plan I don't think I would make this again...but think chocolate pudding with acoutriments, which is essentially what this is. Just with rice.
It certainly was the name that caught my eye, & then came the chocolate & the chocolate & the peanuts & the rice! AND, although I might have screwed up the original intent of this recipe, anything with a name like that can do with a little....tweeking!! So, I substituted my brown rice for instant rice! What the hey ~ It turned out GREAT, & we loved it! Your posting of this recipe is most appreciated!!