Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A nice hearty bacon quiche.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 slices bacon, thick
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 3⁄4 ounces French-fried onions
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake thawed pastry shell at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, bacon, cheese, French-fried onions, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper.
- Mix all together well and pour into the cooled pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until quiche is set.
This quiche was very savory. We loved the onion flavor all through it, thanks for sharing.
This quiche was very easy to make and tasted wonderful! I was worried about the French-fried onions being too overpowering, but they added just the right amount of onion flavor to the quiche. I was also unsure about the sour cream (instead of regular cream) so I beat the eggs first and then beat the sour cream into them to have a smooth consistency. I will definitely be making this one again!