Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandmother made this recipe and sold some of the jars in the 1920s Grapefruit (& large) can be substituted for a change of flavour
- Method : Remove pips and juice, cut out skin and pith as much as
- possible Put peel through mincer and soak in water and juice for 12
- hours. Boil for 2 hours, then add sugar and boil for another 2 hours.
- Soak pips and skins in water, bring to boil and strain, add to peel
- and juice before sugar is added.
- Note : I use a liquidiser to cut the fruit, a blender tends to 'hold' the peel in large bits.