Adopted from Recipezaar account 9/15/2006. Original author = Mean Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs, yolks and sugar in a wide, shallow saucepan until smooth.
- 2Add butter, orange juice and zest.
- 3Place over low heat, and stir constantly until butter has melted and mixture has thickened.
- 4(If mixture begins to curdle, place bottom of pan in cold water, and beat vigorously.) Remove thickened curd from heat, and pour through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- 5Set aside to cool.
- 6Note: A substitute for Seville orange juice may be made by combining 2 parts orange juice to 1 part lime juice.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seville Orange Curd
Serving Size: 1 (694 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1489.5
- Calories from Fat 972
- Total Fat 108.0 g
- Saturated Fat 63.5 g
- Cholesterol 918.2 mg
- Sodium 784.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 80.7 g
- Protein 18.6 g