Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adopted from Recipezaar account 9/15/2006. Original author = Mean Chef.
Make and share this Seville Orange Curd recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs, yolks and sugar in a wide, shallow saucepan until smooth.
- Add butter, orange juice and zest.
- Place over low heat, and stir constantly until butter has melted and mixture has thickened.
- (If mixture begins to curdle, place bottom of pan in cold water, and beat vigorously.) Remove thickened curd from heat, and pour through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Set aside to cool.
- Note: A substitute for Seville orange juice may be made by combining 2 parts orange juice to 1 part lime juice.
Delicious! Buttery and rich with orange flavor (being an orange fan, this makes me verrrry happy!) Since there are only 2 of us I halved the recipe (didn't know how long it would keep) and served it on English muffins. I quickly discovered that there's no need for extra butter on the muffin since this almost melts right on the hot bread ... mmmmmmm! At one point early in the recipe I didn't think it was going to work for me but I went by the cook time, and sure enough, in 15 minutes all was well and perfect. Thanks for a great orange recipe, Mean!