Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Update. I made this at home on the weekend and was amazed at how *easy* they were. the active time was actually 15 minutes!! And *delicious*. They suggest serving it with a ragout or stew, alternatively simply tossed in butter with some pancetta and grated parmegiano reggiano. cooking time includes time to cook potatoes
- 3 yukon gold potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons seville orange marmalade
- lemon zest
- orange zest
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Bake the potatoes in their skins, let rest until cool enough to handle then spoon out flesh and rice it. (i just use a potatoe masher with the square holes).
- Mound the riced potato onto a floured board. Make a well in the center and add the eggs, egg yok, olive oil, rosemary, marmalade and zests.
- Using a fork, stir all the ingredients in the well together, incorporating the potato bit by bit. Gradually add just enough flour to form a tender dough and knead gently and briefly to form a ball.
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll each quarter in a 3/4 inch rope and cut into pieces on the diagnol. Throw into boiling salted water. As soon as gnocchi rises to the top they are done, strain and toss with butter.
- Either serve with a ladle of ragout, stew or fresh parmesan and a garnish of fresh rosemary and orange zest.
Superbly flavoursome and one of those recipes that's really fun to make, and certainly also very easy to make. Loved the citrusy flavour. If you love citrus flavours, you'll love these. My only change was to sneak in a teaspoon of minced garlic and a sprinkling of sage and thyme together with the rosemary in step 2 (always just gotta add a few extra herbs and garlic if I can see the opportunity to do so). These gnocchi would be delicious with a pasta sauce, but my preference is to eat them exactly as MarraMamba suggested, simply with some crispy pancetta or bacon. Eaten that way, the wonderful citrus flavours really have the chance to be the star. :) Great recipe, which I know I'll be making again and again. Thank you so much for sharing it. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.