Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with fish or use as a topping for a bruschetta appetizer. From All Around The World Cookbook by Sheila Lukins
- 1 lb plum tomato, cored seeded and cut into small dice (ripe)
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained (tiny)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a bowl combinethe tomatoes, onion, capers, oil, and pepper.
- Season with salt and add parsley.
- Toss gently with a fork.
- Serve within 1 hour for the freshest taste.
What a wonderful summer lunch. Everything is so fresh and flavor rich. I had to use a green onion and a tiny vit of yellow onion because I found the red onion I had left to be past it peak. It's made in no time at all and should be enjoyed by most of the family (very young children perhaps not so much). I think this would ne outstanding as a first course to a BBQ meal.
yummmmy! I'm serving it tonight at a tapas party and am sure it will be a hit. It's even good although I used a sweet onion instead of a red onion.
Yummy! Savoury and GOOD. Everything blended together beautifully and we enjoyed this on bread we had grilled on the bbq. Thanks.