Recipe by threeovens
This recipe comes from an old cookbook from Bogota Colombia that I am trying to translate. You can make this with any firm white fish fillet like Cod or Haddock, and/or Shrimp, and/or Scallops. I've left the original recipe intact, however, I did add some optional ingredients that we like.
- 1360.77 g fish fillets, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 6 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml tomato paste
- 29.58 ml chili sauce
- fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (if you like a little heat) (optional)
- boiled potatoes, for serving
- chopped tomato, . for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish fillets in a non-reactive bowl.
- Combine salt, lemon juice, onions, pepper, olive oil, tomato paste, and chili sauce; mix well, then pour over fish.
- Toss to make sure the fish is well covered by the mixture.
- Cover bowl and allow to "cook" overnight, or for at least 4 to 5 hours, the longer the better.
- Stir in chopped cilantro, if using.
- Serve cold with boiled potatoes and chopped tomatoes, if desired.