Recipe by Justmez2
This is from Land Of Lakes Soup & Bread, it's on the stove cooking as I type; and of course me being a sampler when I cook, I can guarantee your taste buds will scream for more!
- 2 (14 -21 ounce) cans vegetable broth (I used low sodium and 99% fat free chicken) or 2 (14 -21 ounce) cans chicken broth (I used low sodium and 99% fat free chicken)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 (15 ounce) canextra-thick tomato sauce
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, i used yukon gold (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, including tops chopped (1 cup)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed (We're not hip on creamed spinach, use regular spinach or just leave out all together.)
- 4 ounces land o lakes cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker EXCEPT creamed spinach and cheese.
- Cover: cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Increase heat setting to High.
- Just before serving, stir thawed spinach into hot soup mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until soup is thickened (6 to 10 minutes).
- To serve, spoon into individual serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese.
- +++Okay, now here is how I did it: Everything went into a 8 quart pot on stove, except spinach and cheese cook on medium-low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Will serve with the cheese.
- As I said, I'm cooking it now!
- Will go great with cornbread and sweet potatoes!