7 hrs 30 mins
This is from Land Of Lakes Soup & Bread, it's on the stove cooking as I type; and of course me being a sampler when I cook, I can guarantee your taste buds will scream for more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 -21 ounce) cans vegetable broth (I used low sodium and 99% fat free chicken) or 2 (14 -21 ounce) cans chicken broth (I used low sodium and 99% fat free chicken)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 (15 ounce) can extra-thick tomato sauce
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, i used yukon gold (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, including tops chopped (1 cup)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed (We're not hip on creamed spinach, use regular spinach or just leave out all together.)
- 4 ounces land o lakes cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1Combine all ingredients in slow cooker EXCEPT creamed spinach and cheese.
- 2Cover: cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- 3Increase heat setting to High.
- 4Just before serving, stir thawed spinach into hot soup mixture, stirring constantly.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally until soup is thickened (6 to 10 minutes).
- 6To serve, spoon into individual serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese.
- 7+++Okay, now here is how I did it: Everything went into a 8 quart pot on stove, except spinach and cheese cook on medium-low for 7-8 hours.
- 8Stir occasionally.
- 9Will serve with the cheese.
- 10As I said, I'm cooking it now!
- 11Will go great with cornbread and sweet potatoes!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seven Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (4017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 439.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g