Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
My own recipe: a strong, spicy, sweet tea that is very good and warming, especially on winter mornings. I use dried ginger bought from my teashop, but 1 inch fresh sliced or about 1/4 tsp ground would work. It's best to use a strong tea that will stand up to the milk and spices; my favorite is Assam.
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon black tea leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (to taste)
- Combine spices and water in small saucepan; bring to boil and simmer three minutes.
- Add tea leaves and simmer for another three minutes.
- Strain into teapot or cups and stir in condensed milk;.
This is really good! I multiplied it by 8 which made a big pot & steeped it twice - 3rd tim ewas kind of lame so I don't recommend it. Delicious! Made for M3C 11/09. :)